Caribbean Correctional Training, LLC
The overall goal of the trainings at Caribbean Correctional Training is to reduce the significant health, social and economic problems associated with SUDs by building international treatment capacity through training, professionalizing and expanding the global treatment workforce.
Training prepares counselors for professional certification by providing the latest information about SUDs and treatment and facilitating hands-on activities to develop skills and confidence in a relatively new treatment workforce.
As an Education Provider with the International Society of Substance Use Professionals (ISSUP) and the International Centre for Credentialing and Education of Addiction Professionals (ICCE), LEAD Institute through its Caribbean Correctional Training, LLC provides training in several disciplines.
This section provides information for anyone seeking professional development in the prevention and treatment field with a particular focus on the Universal Prevention Curriculum (UPC) and the Universal Treatment Curriculum (UTC).
An introduction to UPC and UTC
The Universal Prevention Curriculum and the Universal Treatment Curriculum provide training programs for those wishing to develop their professional knowledge, skills and competence in addressing substance use prevention and delivering treatment services to individuals and their families.
UPC and UTC have been developed by teams of international experts in the field. The materials are written, piloted and are being used for training by prevention and addiction professionals in the field, particularly in Southeast Asia, Africa and South America. Both curricula undergo a regular review and update every 2-3 years to ensure that they continue to reflect the scientific evidence base for work in prevention and treatment. Additional courses are regularly added to reflect the changing needs of the workforce.
UPC and UTC are endorsed by or are of special interest to major international organizations, including the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the Organization of American States (OAS/CICAD), the European Drug Monitoring Centre(EMCDDA) and the World Health Organization. Colombo Plan and the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) have been the major financial providers for the development of these curricula.
UPC and UTC have been developed on evidence-based principles. They are written in response to the demand for up-to-date and well-researched training programs in the fields of prevention and treatment. Both the curricula provide professional development training material to cover the breadth of issues within the prevention and treatment fields.
MRT Facilitator Certification Training
About MRT Training
Moral Reconation Therapy – MRT ® Facilitator Training is 32 hours conducted over 4 consecutive days. A certified CCI-MRT instructor conducts each training on site with visual aids and print materials. Participants are assigned approximately 4 hours of homework in preparation to facilitate group counseling.
Cost for training is based on per-person rate of $ 700.00 for agency employees and $ 800.00 for outside attendees (non-agency employees).
During the training, each participant will receive the following materials at no additional cost:
- How to Escape Your Prison (the MRT workbook)
- MRT Facilitators’ Guide (contains information on the group process, specific objective criteria and guidelines for all exercises and tasks of MRT with specific “how to” instructions)
- Psychological Reports (reprints of 10 journal articles on outcome data on MRT Programs)
- Effective Counseling Approaches (description of Cognitive Behavioral approaches, cognitive restructuring, and cognitive skills programs)
- CD – 5 Minute Stress Manager and Imaginary Future (used to instruct facilitators on how to get clients to set appropriate long-term goals)
- Antisocial Personality Disorder and Criminal Justice: Evidence Based Practices (contains information on treating clients with most resistance)
Ownership of all copyrighted materials, regardless of media source, shall be retained by copyright holder. Duplication and/or distribution of any kind and by any means of copyright material provided by CCI to Agency and/or training participants is strictly prohibited. Correctional Counseling Inc. is the Sole-Source provider of all Moral Reconation Therapy – MRT® training materials, and facilitator certification through The National L.E.A.D. Institute for the Bahamas and Caribbean.
3.2 CEUs may be obtained from Louisiana State University – Shreveport. Information is given to participants upon completion. A processing fee of $ 15.00 is assessed by LSU-S.
No refunds allowed for training registration within 60 days of training date. Your LEAD Account Manager will assist with rescheduling any training registration. Monies paid for training may be credited toward materials purchases. Please note that a $50.00 processing fee will be assessed on account for cancellation 10 days or less before training.
Individual Registration fees may be fully refunded when received 60 days in advance of training. Agency may be subject to cancellation fee which may nullify refund. All credit balances on Agency or Participant account may be applied to future trainings, workbooks, materials, and consulting services provided by L.E.A.D for 1 year.
The Training is beneficial to:
- Defence Force Officers
- Social Workers
- Community Workers
- Guidance Counselors
- Addiction Professionals
- Substance Abuse Counselors
- Youth Leaders
- Church Workers in Prison Ministries
- Urban Renewal Staff
The Following Courses Offered:
- Emotional Intelligence
- MRT Facilitators Certification
- Physiology and Pharmacology for Addiction Professionals
- Treatment for Substance Use Disorders
- Common Co-Occurring Mental and Medical Disorders
- Basic Counseling Skills for Addiction Professionals
- Intake, Screening, Assessment & Treatment Planning
- Case Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Ethics for Addiction Professionals
The Following Advanced Courses Offered:
- Advanced Pharmacology and Substance Use Disorders
- Managing Medication Assisted Treatment Programs
- Enhancing Motivational Interviewing Skills
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Contingency Management
- Working with Families
- Skills for Managing Co-Occurring Disorders
- Advanced Clinical Skills
- Case Management Skills and Practices
- Clinical Supervision
- Enhancing Group Facilitation Skills
- Populations with Special Clinical Needs
- Trauma-Informed Care for Adults
- Recovery Management and Relapse Prevention
Education Provider for the Bahamas and Caribbean
Authorized Trainer for MRT Facilitator Certification for the Bahamas and Caribbean